Updated 24th May 2018
cafelamoda.com is owned and operated by Staircase 51 Limited
Company registration number: 08865467
Registered address: Carlyle House, Carlyle Road, Cambridge, CB4 3DN
Your privacy is important and Genie Shopping is committed to respecting the privacy of its visitors. With regards to this, the following terms apply:
- We will collect data on how you use Genie Shopping
- The use of this data is explained in the ‘How your information is used’ section of this policy
- We will share your information with other companies when required to by the law
- You are free to ask us any questions relating to your personal information at any time by emailing [email protected]
The information we collect and how we use it
Whilst using Genie Shopping, we may collect information about your browsing behaviour and interests. However, we do not collect any personal data when you visit the site, and you can access and browse our website without disclosing any personal information.
The information that we collect about you for site performance analytics includes the following:
- The date and time you used our services
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for
- Your IP address
- The internet browser and devices you are using
- The website address from which you accessed our website
Here are the circumstances where we may record information about you.
As previously mentioned, Genie Shopping does not collect any personal data on site. The only time that we may keep personal information is if you contact us via email or telephone, so that we can contact you to resolve your enquiry. This information is not stored in any databases and will not be used to contact you for any other purpose than your enquiry.
For tracking sales
For interest-based advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personally identifying information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide interest-based advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We use a company called Hotjar in order to better understand our users' needs and to optimise our service by studying and improving user experience (how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don't like, etc)
Hotjar stores this information in a pseudonymised user profile. Neither Hotjar nor Staircase 51 will ever use this information to identify individual users, or to match it with further data on an individual user.
You can opt out of the creation of a user profile, Hotjar's storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar's use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
How we keep your information safe
The security of our users’ data is our primary concern at Genie Shopping. We have in place several procedures to keep your information safe, these include but are not limited to:
- Password protection: Our content-management systems are secured via passwords. We use Last Pass to further secure our passwords within the company.
- Google authentication: Our reporting, email, Google Drive, content-management systems, Analytics, Adwords are all secured via Google Authentication which is backed up by two-step verification logins.
- Data deletion: We delete all non-essential data after a short, relevant period (outlined above). This includes an overwhelming majority of the personal data .
- Access: Within our own company, access to personal data is limited to a small number of relevant individuals.
- Firewalls and antivirus: We ensure staff are using devices with up-to-date firewalls and antivirus software.
Contact us or make a complaint
If you would like to find out what information we hold on you, change, correct, remove or request we stop using this information, or make a complaint, please email [email protected] or send a letter to:
If you do wish to make a complaint, or are concerned about the way in which we are handling your data, you can raise this concern with a relevant regulatory authority within your country of residence. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
This document has been composed with the online HTML editor. Use the online visual HTML editor will help you a lot while you are working on your articles.